Yoga Teacher Training
Come join a small committed community of dedicated practitioners.
In this six-month course you will:
- Deepen your own practice.
- Explore the intricacies of the yogic path.
- Learn how to share this transformative practice with others.
- You will complete this course with the skills and confidence to teach to others.
Prerequisites: One year of yoga practice, desire to delve more deeply into his/her practice, minimum of 5 classes at InsideOut Yoga, application with $100 fee and interview with Director of Teacher Training.
Why commit to this:
- To deepen your yoga practice,
- build a community like you may never have known possible,
- explore a new career opportunity,
- improve your ability to see and communicate with others in a compassionate manner.
- Give yourself the opportunity to know yourself as an amazing, empowered person who makes a difference.
- Month long Intensive: July 3 through July 30, 2017; 180 in class hours, 20 hours outside class time. Meeting 6-days per week with shorter schedules on Friday and Saturday. Click here for schedule details
- Six-month commitment – 6 weekend intensives – 12 hours, October, 2016 through May, 2017; instruction and practice teaching, observe/assist ten classes, complete homework as assigned. Two of these will be required to fulfill Yoga Alliance criteria to become a registered Yoga Teacher.
- Cost: $1550 for six-month course*, or $275 per weekend
- $2850 for July month long intensive, payment plans available
- click here for application
Testimonials from past Trainees:
The two teacher training courses I’ve done with Kim have been two of the best investments I’ve ever made in me. As with all of Kim’s classes, the rule is “come as you are”, happy, sad, mad, glad and all the in-betweens and extremes; and Kim will come with a nice blend of compassion and professionalism. The amount of content is mind-boggling . . . all 8 limbs of yoga are covered and more, histories, different types of yoga, anatomy, changing, Sanskrit . . . Kim brings in outside specialists so that you get a variety of views. In most things in life you get what you put in, but I think in this case you get even more.
~ LH, Accountant
Not only will InsideOut Yoga’s Teacher Training teach you how to be a safe and compassionate teacher but you will also have an amazing journey of self-discovery . . . and you will have a lot of fun along the way!
~ SS, Administrative Assistant
This training deepened my understanding and appreciation of yoga and how it works as an integrated part of physical and non-physical life. Also, it was a relief that I could be successful even though I didn’t come in as an expert yogini – there’s so much to get out of it at so many levels. And even though I’m not planning to teach it was well worth doing.
~ MN, Archaeologist
Though it is a great preparation for aspiring teachers, anyone curious about yoga can benefit from this class. I noticed that my own practice and awareness of my body have changed dramatically.
~ CB, Dresser
This training was a wonderful experience. It really helped me become confident in my yoga knowledge and now I know how to put together yoga sequences for my home practice, as well as preparing me to teach my own class in the future. I also gained a lot of information about the history of yoga (other than asana), which was one of my goals for the class. I know I have only touched the tip of the iceberg in terms of my yoga education but this class has started me on a journey that will hopefully last a lifetime! I had so much fun and my fellow classmates were the best. I felt very comfortable with them by the end, and they were incredibly supportive. But no one more so than Kim!
~ TB, Research Technician